Asbestos Case Study
Work #: 204083
- The client has requested asbestos sampling for the popcorn textured ceilings on the main level of the home.
- Homogeneous Sampling Area Number 01:
- Description of Material: Popcorn ceiling texture
- Color: White
- Pattern: None
- Condition: good
- Category: Surfacing
- Locations: 3 Bedrooms
- Quantity: less than 1000SF
- Number of samples taken: 3
- Sample ID number 001, 002, 003 location All Bedrooms
Notes and Terms:
- Homogeneous Sampling Area- An areas of suspected asbestos containing building materials which appears similar throughout in color, texture, and date of material application.
- Thermal System Insulation- Material applied to pipes, fittings, boilers, breechings, tanks, ducts, or other interior structural components to prevent heat loss or gain, or water condensation, or for other purposes.
- Surfacing Material- Material that is sprayed-on, troweled-on, of otherwise applied to surfaces, such as acoustical plaster on ceilings and fireproofing materials on structural members, or other materials on surfaces for acoustical, fireproofing, or other purposes.
- Miscellaneous Material- Interior building material on structural components, structural members or fixtures, such as floor and ceiling tiles, and does not include thermal system insulation or surfacing materials.
Laboratory Results (EmLab P&K)
|Homogeneous Sampling Area||Sampling Number||Result|